"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The New York Cocktail

I am a woman of huge appetites: food, drink and sex. Everything I do, I do big. This past holiday season I set a new personal best. I think if I’d had my blood drawn on January 1st, it would have been 50% high fructose corn syrup and 50% Canadian Whisky.
Even I have my limits and for the past couple of weeks I’ve been trying to get myself on the straight and narrow. I quit my month-long love affair with Christmas cookies and have dialed back on cocktail hour. I couldn’t help but notice that we’ve had a bit of a dry spell on the Cocktail Recipes front, so out of love for you, Darlings, I took a teetering step off of the wagon to taste test a new Lusty Libation. I hope you’ll enjoy The New York Cocktail.
Oh, you noticed that I didn’t mention trying to curb the third of my great appetites? No, Darlings, that wasn’t an oversight.
xoxo ~ Gabrielle
The New York Cocktail

Ingredients (makes two):
·        4 oz blended whiskey (I used Windsor Canadian, of course)
·        2 oz freshly-squeezed lemon juice (I used lovely little Meyer lemons)
·        2 tsp sugar + extra for the rim
·        1.5  tsp grenadine (I used Rose’s)
·        Splash lemon-lime soda (I used Diet 7-Up)
·        lemon twist for garnish
·        Ice
Preparation:
1.     Pour whisky, lemon juice, sugar and grenadine over ice in a glass measuring cup.
2.     Stir well to chill.
3.     Add soda to taste (without it this cocktail is VERY SWEET!)
4.     Rub lemon rind around the rim of a martini glass then dip glass in sugar.
5.     Carefully strain cocktail into glass so as not to disturb the sugared rim.
6.     Garnish with the lemon twist.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment