"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Friday, February 22, 2013

Chocolate Covered Grasshopper Cocktail

Chocolate Covered Grasshopper Cocktail
Though nothing makes my heart sing like a good Canadian whiskey, I do have a sweet tooth. Occasionally, I like to satisfy my cravings with a sugary after-dinner drink. This artistic little confection is definitely a “sipper” and even I can’t drink more than one.
Here’s my twist on a classic. The Chocolate Covered Grasshopper Cocktail incorporates lovely chocolate stripes for flavor and prettiness.
Ingredients
  • 1 ounce green crème de menthe (I used Mr. Boston)
  • 1 ounce white (clear) crème de cacao (I used Mr. Boston)
  • 1 ounce heavy cream
  • Ice
  • Chocolate “shell” ice cream topping (I used Hershey’s Shell)
Preparation
The Glass
·        Chill martini glass in freezer for 15 minutes.
·        Squeeze a circle of chocolate shell topping – the approximate diameter of the martini glass rim - in a shallow dish.
·        Dip the chilled martini glass rim in the dish to coat.
·        Working quickly, tip and twirl glass while drizzling chocolate shell topping into the glass, creating a spiral from top to bottom.
The Drink
·        Pour crème de menthe, crème de cacao and cream over ice and shake well or stir vigorously. This drink is best served ice-cold, so put some effort into it, Darlings!
·        Carefully strain into your prepared martini glass.
·        Admire your cocktail artistry, then enjoy!
xoxo ~Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment