"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Friday, February 8, 2013

My Bloody Valentine Cocktail (Vegan)

I love cocktails that double as snacks and the Bloody Mary is my favorite in that category. Some folks miss out on these crimson beauties because Worcestershire sauce – a traditional ingredient - contains anchovies, which vegans and those with seafood allergies want to avoid. And, one can never be quite sure of what a creative bartender might throw into the mix.


I’ve created a version that leaves out the Worcestershire sauce, but still has plenty of flavor.

My Bloody Valentine Cocktail (Vegan)


Ingredients
  • 6 ounces vegetable juice cocktail (I used V8)
  • Freshly-ground black pepper to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
  • ½ teaspoon celery salt
  • 2 Tablespoons dill pickle juice
  • 2 ounces vodka (I used Stoli)
  • Ice cubes
  • Celery sticks and dill pickle spear for garnish
Directions
·         Pour the juice into a pitcher (I love my 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup for mixology).
·         Add pepper, celery salt, pickle juice and vodka.
·         Stir well.
·         Serve over ice and garnish with celery sticks and a pickle spear. I like to grind a little extra black pepper on top, just for prettiness.
Enjoy, Darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment