"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Friday, March 29, 2013

Melted my Butter Completely...


“Now I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find,
But it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.”
Sister Golden Hair ~America


I couldn’t believe it when I glanced at the blog this morning and saw that I hadn’t posted a thing in three weeks! I’ve have been crazily, wonderfully busy. I completed my werewolf romance (stay tuned for more on that). Today I’ll finish writing “Rescuing Kadlin” for Resplendence Publishing – the sequel to my Viking historical romance “Delivering Kadlin.” And, with the help of my brilliant editor at Total-e-Bound, I got “Stage Fright” - Book 3 in the Ghost Encounters series – polished up and ready for release this May. Phew! It wears me out just thinking about it.
The writer’s life can be a lonely one, and it’s easy to lose sight of the great wide “out-there.” I have been so engrossed in the “work” that I kind of forgot about the “why.” I write because I am at heart an entertainer – always have been. I can remember the first time I told a joke that made people laugh until they cried… I was six. From that moment on, I’ve been hooked on the high that comes from giving others a little moment of joy.
When one of my books comes out, I always hope that it will make someone laugh or cry, escape their daily grind or get turned on. Usually, there’s no real way of knowing. We writers rely on sales data and feedback from our readers and – sometimes – a book review that makes us sit back and say, “Yes! Nailed it!”
That’s how I felt when I read Erzabet Bishop’s review of “A Triple Scoop of I Scream.” Of course I was grateful to receive a 4.5/5 rating, but I was thrilled that her take-away was exactly what I’d intended to communicate. 
            “…This book was fun and the characters were wonderfully likable. The steamy sex scenes melted my butter completely…”
So, to Miss Erzabet Bishop of Erzabet’s Enchantments, thank you for making me look up and glance around at the great big “out-there.”
Please stop by Erzabet’s website to check out her full review of “A Triple Scoop of I Scream” and read her thoughtful analysis of some other great books.

Hugs, Darlings!
xoxo ~ Gabrielle

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the great writing you're getting done. :) And yes, those reviews can be lovely because they let us know our words actually, you know, reached someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tali! It's been a whirlwind couple of months, and I'm not quite out of the eye of the storm yet... and, boy, am I ever grateful for this hurricane!
      Sending you Fellow-Writer Hugs,
      Gabby

      Delete