"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

If You Like Pina Coladas...

Hello Darlings!
It's been cold, rainy, and all-around dreary in my neck of the woods. I've been dreaming of sunshine and white-sand beaches. Since I can't escape to warmer climes right now, I thought I'd whip up a little fiesta in a glass.
This pretty, tropical drink isn’t just for vacations and nights out. I played around with a couple of old recipes before I scrapped them all and came up with my own. This version uses fresh pineapple rather than pineapple juice. I think the results are FABULOUS! Trust me, Darlings, don’t bother with canned fruit. I’ll teach you how to select the perfect pineapple and slice it up.
Pina Colada a la Gabrielle

INGREDIENTS:
·        Ice Cubes (I used a full standard tray – about 2-3 cups)
·        1 Cup Fresh pineapple chunks
·        ½ Cup rum (I used Bacardi Gold)
·        ½ Cup coconut cream (find the cans in the liquor department - I used Coco Lopez)
·        Sliced pineapple for garnish
·        Maraschino cherry for garnish
METHOD:
·        Add the ingredients to the blender in the following order:
o   Fresh pineapple chunks
o   Ice Cubes
o   Coconut cream
o   Rum
·        Pulse until ice is thoroughly crushed.
·        Serve in a glass with garnish.
How to Select the Perfect Pineapple: 
All pineapples are ripe when they hit the store, but the ones that are golden-brown are the sweetest. Look for a pineapple that seems heavy for its size. Look at the bottom and body of the fruit, it should look plump (not shriveled) and feel firm, but give a little to slight pressure. Pluck out one of the center leaves from the top – it should come out easily.
How to Cut a Pineapple
There are lots of great tutorial videos on YouTube. There are a couple of different ways to get at that fabulous fruit, but whichever method you use, REMEMBER to slice off a ring when you start and set it aside for garnish. Here’s a video on the method I prefer:

No comments:

Post a Comment