"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Monday, July 15, 2013

Getting Personal With Author Jasmine Hill


Darlings, I am SO thrilled to introduce you to author Jasmine Hill. 

Jasmine’s debut erotic romance, “From Leather to Lace” is available from Total-e-Bound on July 29th and everywhere August 23rd. Can't wait? You can reserve your copy now from Total-e-Bound Publishing

Jasmine took some time out to tell us a little bit about the writing life, her new HOT HOT HOT novel, and even share a steamy excerpt. 
About the author:
     Jasmine’s alter ego lives in Sydney, Australia with her husband and their Border Collie. She enjoys cooking, travelling with her husband, outdoor activities and skiing. She loves reading all genres but in particular she enjoys romance novels and thrillers and her Kindle is never far from her side.
     Jasmine loves writing and is always looking for new ideas for stories that will provoke inner passions, stimulate the senses and ignite the imagination.
     She has won some short story competitions but now she is excited to be publishing her first novel, From Leather to Lace through Total-E-Bound publishing. Later this year, also through Total-E-Bound, Jasmine's second romance, Serena's Submission will be published.
Be sure to follow the lovely Jasmine: 
Twitter @Jasmine_romance
Facebook 


And now, Darlings, refresh your cup of coffee, tea - or perhaps a cocktail. It's time to Get Personal With Author Jasmine Hill!



What’s the best part of being a writer?

     For me, it is seeing my story come to life on paper (or, more accurately – my computer screen!). I have an idea in my head about plot, heroine and hero and it is gratifying and exciting to see my concept unfold as a story, where my characters come to life and establish identities and personalities. It is the point where my plot and characters morph from an idea into a tangible story.

     Of course I would love to say that it is the pleasure that I give to my readers, but as I am blogging about my debut novel (released for pre-order today) I unfortunately, can’t yet claim that satisfaction and privilege – hopefully I will be able to in the not too distant future!

What’s the most challenging part of being a writer?

     This is an easy question for me – it is the activity required to establish an identity and a presence – the self-promotion aspect.

      I am new to the publishing world and as such, I need to learn how to best establish my pen-name as an identity, navigate the murky waters of social media and cut my teeth on blogging and the advantages of public sharing and posting. These aspects of being a writer have been the most challenging for me thus far. I am still very much in the infancy stages and I don’t mind admitting that sometimes I feel slightly overwhelmed by this very necessary self-promotion activity. I am learning, as I bumble along and with the assistance of authors such as Gabrielle and many others, I know that this aspect will soon become a lot easier.


What is your writing process?

     I am constantly thinking of possible scenarios and characters for my next story. When I believe that I have a really good concept, I start to expand upon my basic premise. I write notes and jot down basic ideas: when and where will the story be set? What is the basic plot? Names and ages of my protagonists – what do they look like, what do they do? What is the conflict? How do the protagonists grow and learn emotionally and work through the conflict?

     I must admit that I tend to start with a very basic plot concept, and my story develops in my head as I write it.

     I review my work – A LOT.  I don’t think that I can review my own work too many times. It does become a little tiresome – re-reading everything that I have written, but I do reach a point when I just know that I have reviewed enough. This is when I am ready to submit my manuscript.

     I also have a few friends to whom I send my manuscript for beta reading (writing groups are a great way to connect with beta readers). This is also a good way to get another opinion on my plot and characters.

     Finally, when I have finished writing a story, I put it aside (if possible) for a couple of weeks and then I review it again – it is surprising how a couple of weeks of “story abstinence” can make a difference and mistakes that I had originally overlooked, suddenly become glaringly apparent!

What is your most current (or upcoming) release and what is it about?

     My debut novel – FROM LEATHER TO LACE is being released for pre-order through Total-E-Bound today, and for pre-release through Total-E-Bound on the 29th July. General release is scheduled for the 23rd August.

     It is a contemporary, erotic romance with a bondage/BDSM edge. Sarah Maddox is a beautiful, intelligent and sexy journalism graduate – she is also Mistress Kitty the Dominatrix. Sarah loves her Dominatrix role at Fantasy – the exclusive Sydney BDSM club. Only her best friend knows what she really does each evening and her secret is safe until she meets the charming, handsome and successful Maxwell McIver who turns her world upside down and has Sarah questioning her priorities and wondering – has she finally met the man for whom she would be willing to compromise?

     I also have another bondage/BDSM story – SERENA’S SUBMISSION, being published by Total-E-Bound (later this year). This is a short story full of BDSM erotica and sizzling sexual action between the hero and heroine.

What are you working on now?

     I am currently writing a couple of different stories:

     An historical novel set in 1919, in the Australian outback. It is a story about star-crossed childhood sweethearts who re-unite after 10 years – with interesting consequences.

     I am also working on a story for an Anthology submission. This story is based on “the older woman meets the, hot younger guy” and the sexual attraction sizzles between them. Conflict and tension abounds when past relationships collide with the present.


What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

     I read – a lot!! I love cooking and travelling and I also love the beach and in winter my husband and I try to take at least one trip to the snow for a skiing holiday.

    I exercise and walk my border collie everyday and I enjoy meeting up and going out with friends.

Describe your perfect evening.

     My perfect evening is spent with my husband – ideally on a romantic, secluded getaway! Unfortunately, more often than not we can’t manage that, so my perfect evening is spent together, either relaxing at home, or enjoying the company of friends.


Favorite book?

     There are so many books that I love which makes this question very difficult but, if I am to choose just one, I would have to say PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by Jane Austen. It is the type of book that I can (and have) read over and over again! I love the romantic story and Jane Austen’s vivid and enlightening study into English Regency society. Also, who couldn’t love Mr Darcy as a totally swoon-worthy hero??!!


And now, a taste of "From Leather to Lace"



“From Leather to Lace”
by Jasmine Hill

     Sarah Maddox zipped up her thigh-length stiletto boot and stepped back to study her reflection in the floor-to-ceiling mirror. She looked pretty damn good. She had piled her dark hair on top of her head and the eye mask she wore made her look almost cat-like, her full scarlet lips a startling contrast. A leather choker was around her neck. Below the choker her cleavage spilled out of a corset tied gaspingly tight. The black leather mini she wore barely brushed the tops of her thighs. Two inches below started her stiletto boots.
     “Perrrfect,” she purred. “Goodbye, Sarah. Hello, Mistress Kitty,” she said to her reflection.
     She removed her mask and tucked it into her handbag and after donning a full-length black coat she left her apartment. When she arrived downstairs the car was already waiting.
     “Hello, Monty,” she greeted the driver as she slid into the back seat.
     “Good evening, Mistress,” he replied as he pulled away from the kerb and smoothly merged with the traffic.
     Her place of work was normally only a ten-minute drive from her apartment if the traffic was light, and about eleven minutes later Monty pulled to a stop in front of an understated multi-storey building. After parking, he made his way to the back door and assisted her out of the car.
     Kitty thanked him, punched in the security code and entered the building through a discreet doorway. As she did so, she stepped into Fantasy. 
     From the outside the building looked identical to many others and could have been a typical office complex but on the inside it looked magical. Glittering chandeliers hung from the high ceilings, the walls were adorned with mirrors and expensive pieces of erotic art, plush lounge suites were expertly scattered to ensure privacy, and crystal glasses and expensive bottles of champagne and liqueurs adorned mirrored tables to be enjoyed with caviar and oysters. A selection of Venetian-style masks was also provided in which the clients could relax anonymously. Music was piped in through discreetly hidden speakers—never obtrusive, the music was selected for its mood-enhancing qualities.
     Another very important detail about Fantasy was that all clientele were assured absolute privacy and discretion. No real names were used and no contact details recorded. Madam Boudica followed a strict booking system and, whilst convoluted, it ensured that a customer’s privacy was guaranteed. Clients booked under an assumed name that was used for all subsequent bookings. Another assurance against identity exposure was the wearing of masks. There was also one particularly important rule—no sex with the clients.
     Mistress Kitty made her way over the plush carpet to the office to check her diary. Each of the girls had their own diary listing their clientele for each evening. The left-hand column recorded the client’s pseudonym, the middle column listed the particular fantasy the client wished to indulge, while in the right-hand column was recorded any particular requests or special instructions. She ran a manicured finger down the list of clients. All were regulars except for her first client of the evening—a Mr X.
~~~
Like what you’ve read so far? Find out what happens next. Pre-order Jasmine Hill’s debut erotic romance, “From Leather to Lace” from Total-e-Bound today!



No comments:

Post a Comment