"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Friday, July 19, 2013

The Muddy Joe Cocktail

Is that a Hostess Twinkie in your pocket, or are you just glad to see a new cocktail recipe?

Twinkies are back! After more than half a year on hiatus, the cream-filled sponge cakes returned to shelves on July 15th. To mark the occasion, I slipped on my Mad Mixologist’s lab coat and whipped up this sweet little concoction. I knew that I wanted to pair the Twinkie with coffee, but it’s been such a blazing hot summer, I decided to cool things down a bit.

Enjoy your Muddy Joe with or without the cake. As a dessert, I think this drink does just fine on its own.

The Muddy Joe Cocktail



Ingredients
  • Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
  • 8 ounces strong coffee (cooled)
  • 1 shot Baileys Irish Cream
  • 2 shots Canadian whiskey (I used Windsor)
  • 1 scoop coffee ice cream (I used Haagen-Dazs)

Preparation
  • Drizzle Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup down the inside of a glass.
  • Place glass in freezer while preparing the rest of the drink.
  • Mix coffee, Baileys and whiskey in a spouted pitcher (I love my 2-cup Pyrex for mixology).
  • Optional: Add a Tablespoon of Hershey’s syrup to the coffee mixture.
  • Remove chocolate-drizzled glass from freezer and carefully drop in ice cream (try not to disturb the chocolate on the inside of the glass.
  • Pour coffee mixture over ice cream.
  • Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment