"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Monday, August 5, 2013

Getting Personal With Author Celeste Rupert



Guess who dropped by? Author Celeste Rupert! Join us while she chats about the writing life and shares an excerpt from her steamy new western FFM ménage a trois novel “Snowed Under”

About the Author:

Celeste Rupert lives in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains and (other than the lack of indoor plumbing) would love to live in the Old West. As time travel hasn’t yet been invented, she lives in the era through her characters.

Follow Celeste on Twitter @CelesteRupert

     Let’s Get Personal with Author Celeste Rupert!


What’s the best part of being a writer?
Spending time with my imaginary friends! I started writing fiction to keep myself busy while recovering from surgery. I was going stir crazy being stuck in the house for weeks and weeks, but then I discovered that writing was the most fun ever, and I never stopped.

What is your writing process?
I’m a pantser. I do outline, and sometimes get quite detailed in my planning … but then the characters take over and do whatever they want anyway, which is what makes writing fun! In an ideal world, I love to write in the morning, right after my horse chores are finished, and get a couple thousand words down. That almost never happens though, life and my “real” job get in the way.

Where do you write?
In my spot on the couch with my little netbook computer and a Diet Coke (in the summer) or Earl Grey tea (in the winter). Ideally, with no other humans in the vicinity!

What are you working on now?
A new series of western erotic romance called OUTLAW WOMEN. The first book, THE UNDERCOVER OUTLAW, features a female safecracker who hides her gender in order to do her job … and get revenge on an old lover.

What are your most current releases and what are they about?
SNOWED UNDER releases on August 9. It’s the story of Ivy and Nell, two independent women who live on a mountain with no need of a man around for chores or protection or sex … until one stumbles into their cabin, seeking shelter from the storm. Dean can’t believe his luck, escaping the storm with two delicious companions, but he reveals a secret that could change everything for Ivy and Nell.

HOLDING COURT releases September 6 (Pre-release August 12!) As far as the community is concerned, Clara is a proper schoolmarm of the local one room schoolhouse. But they don’t know about the nights when rich landowner and future mayor Courtland Raymond comes to call and together they explore their deepest and darkest desires. Clara treasures their stolen moments, the way he makes her feel. But when their trysts are exposed, will they lose everything?

What would readers be surprised to know about you?
I’m afraid of butterflies! Like, full on duck-and-run phobia afraid. Not probably the most surprising thing about me – I tend to embrace my eccentricities.

What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I spend a lot of time with my critters – horses, chickens, dogs, cats – mostly feeding and picking up after them of course, but still love every minute of it. I watch hockey all winter (Go Flames Go!) and show horses all summer and I don’t have time for any other hobbies.

Where’s the one place in the world you’d like to visit?
Newfoundland. I have friends who visit family there often, and their photos are amazing. One day I need to see it myself.

Favorite swear word?
I don’t swear, myself. Really – my friend’s toddlers swear more often than I do. I particularly enjoy when they say “son of a bitch” with all the right emphasis. So funny – for me if not for their mother! ;-)

Favorite author?
Jennifer Crusie. I aspire to be half as clever and funny and talented.

Do you have any pets?
Oh, do I have pets! 2 dogs, 1 cat, 15 horses and 8 chickens. And they’re all named. Even the chickens.

And now, a taste of “Snowed Under”



 “It’s the wind,” Nell said.
“I’m afraid not.” Ivy watched the door bow under the force of the knocking, only the heavy bar holding it in place. She pulled away from Nell and grabbed first for the .56 Sharps buffalo gun that hung over the fireplace, then for her coat to cover her nakedness. She shivered as she pulled it closed—it was still more wet than dry.
“You better shoot whoever that is, and then come back and finish what you started.”
Ivy looked down at Nell. Her chest heaved, her face was flushed, and her legs were still spread wide, the deep pink of her cunt on full display, wet and inviting. Looking at her made Ivy think maybe Nell had the right idea about their visitor, until she remembered the storm and decided she couldn’t, in good conscious, shoot someone who was simply trying to survive the worst weather they’d seen all winter.
“Maybe he’ll be a bad guy,” Ivy said hopefully. “Then I can shoot him. You’d better cover up, baby. You don’t want to tempt him, even if he is half frozen.”
The knocking settled into a steady rhythm, weakening a little, as though whoever was outside was giving up on an answer. He had to see the smoke from the stone chimney though, and the light filtering through the curtains. Maybe he was in serious need of help. Ivy waited at the door until Nell had slipped back into her dress and fastened a minimum number of buttons to be considered decent, then lifted the bar. A man blew in to collapse in a heap on the floor along with a significant amount of snow. Apparently it had been drifting up against the door, just waiting for it to be opened. Ivy backed off to get her bare feet out of the drift and pointed the Sharps in the direction of their uninvited visitor.
“Who are you?” Ivy asked.
*****
The first thing that Dean saw was a pair of the finest legs he’d ever had the privilege to ogle. They were long and curvy, and best of all, they were bare all the way up.
The second thing he saw was the unwavering muzzle of a .56 Sharps, which diminished his enjoyment of the legs significantly.
“Who are you?” The owner of the legs asked again, her tone indicating that if he didn’t answer, it might be the Sharps that spoke next.
“Dean Rook.”
“And what are you doing here, Mr Rook?”
“I got lost in the storm, ma’am, sure am glad to find shelter.” It wasn’t the whole truth, but it was all that he planned to share with a stranger holding a gun on him.

Like what you’ve read so far? Find out what happens next. Buy “Snowed Under” today from Total-e-Bound.
 And, coming soon from Celeste Rupert “Holding Court”




1 comment:

  1. Great interview and great excerpt!
    I couldn't help but chuckle a little with the whole 'scared of butterflies' thing, but, then again, we all have our strange phobia's. :)
    Snowed Under sounds like a great read. Congrats on both that and your upcoming release of Holding Court.

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete