"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Friday, August 23, 2013

Punished by the Viking





Welcome Saturday Spankings Blog Hoppers! The following excerpt is from my bestselling erotic romance novel “Delivering Kadlin” – a Viking Age historical.


~~~~~

     The Viking pulled her across his lap, face-down with her stomach on his thighs and Kadlin realized that he meant to discipline her for baiting him. Her heartbeat thundered and heat gathered between her legs at the thought of it. She felt his erection against her side and understood that he would enjoy the task. 
     He laid one forearm across her shoulder blades then yanked her tunic up and her trousers down until her bare backside was covered only by sky. With no preamble at all, he brought down his hand on one round cheek, and the loud slap stirred the birds from the trees. The sting was immediate and exquisite. She looked over her shoulder at him. Desire blazed through her body and must have shown on her face because his hand came down again and again.
“Gods, yes!” she cried.

~~~~~
Like what you’ve read so far? Find out what happens next. Get your copy of “Delivering Kadlin” from Amazon for Kindle, Barnes & Noble for Nook, Resplendence Publishing, All Romance eBooks and other fine eBook retailers!

You might also like, "Rescuing Kadlin" - the sequel to "Delivering Kadlin"


Visit The Saturday Spankings Blog for more bun-warming snippets!


31 comments:

  1. I love the line "her bare backside was covered only by sky." I definitely want to know more, Gabrielle. Enticing snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A viking! I'm guessing his touch is not light… :) Love the snippet Gabrielle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed not, Natasha! Bjorn is definitely all man! :-)

      Delete
  3. Oops, wasn't this supposed to be a punishment? Doesn't look like she's too chastised yet! Great snip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara- Oh, how I wish Saturday Spankings would allow more than 8 or 9 sentences! I hope you'll check out "Delivering Kadlin" to see Kadlin get what she deserves... and wants ;-)

      Delete
  4. Reading this piece was like reaching into a grab bag and extracting one cool thing after another. So many nice surprises: her backside covered by only the sky, the spank startling the birds, her exclamation of pleasure. NICE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cara! Writing historicals is definitely a challenge. I was so lucky to have a brilliant editor who's an expert in the genre and she kept me accurate regarding historical language. Try writing an erotic romance without using the words "c*ck* or "p*ssy* :-P

      Delete
  5. I do like historical novels and this one sounds better than most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by PK! I loved researching and writing about the Viking age. My hero, Bjorn, is one of my favorite 'Book Boyfriends'! ;-)

      Delete
  6. The moment she realizes he's going to enjoy it is my fave of many wonderful things in this snippet. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! The novella follows Bjorn and Kadlin's journey to discovering that each has exactly what the other needs ♥

      Delete
  7. So much to like in this. The birds made me giggle and really set the tone for how isolated they were. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celeste! Just wait until Bjorn gets her under an enormous weeping willow tree later in the novella! More spanking, a little bondage... I ♥ Bjorn!

      Delete
  8. oh my goodness! Love it! Yes, time to go off to Amazon for me as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hot hot hot! Vikings that spank? Where do I sign up for that? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Sue I do have a couple of recommendations ;-)

      Delete
  10. Welcome aboard, Gabrielle and what a sexy hot snippet. I need to get this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I do love a big, dominant Viking! ♥

      Delete
  11. A viking - with the visual I have of a viking - strong arms, strong swing. Yummm lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thianna! I love Vikings... I'm on Team Bjorn ♥

      Delete
  12. Give me a big hulking Viking anyday- Great snippet. I want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbie, Bjorn is my penultimate hero... Strong, brooding, enigmatic. The best way to find your Mr. Right, is to write one! ;-)

      Delete
  13. Wonderful snippet Gabrielle! You gotta love a viking. Especially one that spanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmm, I have a weakness for vikings.... :)

    ps - remove captcha for sat spanks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee! Thanks for stopping by. Thanks too for the note about Captcha... I didn't even realize it was activated :-/ Fixed now ♥

      Delete