"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Monday, October 28, 2013

Getting Personal With Author Jocelyn Dex



This week we’re Getting Personal With Author Jocelyn Dex. Jocelyn stopped by to talk about the writing life and share an excerpt from her HOT paranormal romance “Valia’s Villain” – Book 2 in the Sempire Seductions series.

Jocelyn is also giving away a great prize package. Enter below!

About Jocelyn Dex
Jocelyn was born in Iowa and currently resides in hot-as-hell Texas. She shares her home with her very own 6'4" alpha male and varying numbers of spoiled cats and dogs. Teaching one of her dogs to file his nails is one of her all-time favorite accomplishments.

She thinks dragonflies are awesome, spiders are creepy and it’s rumored that she sleeps with a machete by her bed in case zombies attack in the middle of the night.

Jocelyn loves to paint, loves to read, and loves to write sizzling erotic romance about yummy demons that would make your momma blush.

Connect with Jocelyn

And now, let’s get personal with author Jocelyn Dex!

Where do you write?
Usually in bed where I am surrounded by cuddle doggies, but when it’s not too hot and humid, I like to take my laptop outside and write on the back porch.

What’s the best piece of writing advice you’ve ever gotten?
Oh, this one is easy. Out of all the articles I’ve read and advice from random authors, this is my favorite and it is now my mantra. Just sit your ass down and write! See? Simple, to the point and effective.

What are you working on now?
I’m working on the first round of edits with my editor for Fin’s Fantasy, book three of the Sempire Seductions series. I’m also working on two other, unrelated stories. Both are about demons. Yeah, I definitely have a thing for demons. Maybe I’ll try to break away from that soon and write the contemporary featuring a married couple that I’ve been twirling around in my head. Maybe.

What is your most current release and what is it about?
Valia’s Villain, book two of Sempire Seductions, released October 23, 2013. It’s filled with demons, revenge, hot sex, emotion, humor, a quirky villain, a little bit of blood and love. I’m excited for Valia to be out in the world and hope other people love her as much as I do.

How did you come up with the title?
The first book in the series is titled Araya’s Addiction. When it came time for book two and I knew the heroine’s name was Valia and her hero was pretty villainous, I thought, hey why not Valia’s Villain? It follows the same pattern as the first book. And I continued that with Fin’s Fantasy. And the series name Sempire Seductions.

What would readers be surprised to know about you?
Hmmm… Oh, my husband and I have decided to renew our vows on our 10th anniversary in Vegas and we want Elvis to conduct the service. Hahahaha. Why? Why the hell not? Sounds fun to us.

What’s your ‘guilty pleasure’?
I like beer and I may or may not drink a bit more of it on the weekends than I should. Beer just goes great with weekends, grilling outside on a nice day and football. I’m answering this question on a Friday so guess what I’ll be doing later tonight. If you guessed drinking a beer, you’re correct. Don’t judge me. I am going to the gym first.

What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I’ve been being crafty lately. I needed some cool swag for the Romanticon conference and I made my own key chains and magnets. I made some coasters too, but have a couple of kinks to work out in those. Thanks for reminding me. I might work on that this weekend. And, of course, I also love to read.

Favorite swear word?
How can I pick only one when I enjoy them all so much? Hmmm… Probably fuck and all of its variations. Cocksucker is a fun one too. It just rolls off the tongue, don’t you think?

Favorite food?
This could change depending what I’m craving when you ask me, but I definitely have a thing for spinach enchiladas. Love them with a passion. Yum!

Do you have any pets?
Oh but yes! I don’t called them pets though. They are my animal family/animal friends. Currently, there are six furry butts in my home. Five dogs and one cat. Poor cat, right? They are all mutts except one. We have a beagle mix, a Chihuahua, a Chihuahua-terrier mix, a terrier-who knows what mix, and one who looks like a husky but is only half the size so who knows what he is either. The kitty cat is long-haired and white. And yes, I am pretty much covered in fur every day.

What’s one of your favorite quotes or lines from Valia’s Villain?
This is silly but when Valia said it, it made me laugh. She’s talking to the hero.
“You’re a party pooper and kind of a dick.”
:-)

Thanks so much for having me on your blog today. I enjoyed the interview!
Thank YOU, Jocelyn! Come back any time, and bring more of your naughty demons.

And now, Darlings, pour yourself something cool to drink and enjoy a taste of “Valia’s Villain”

About Valia’s Villain
When Valia approaches the Ferox demon, hoping for scorching sex and a feed, she doesn’t expect to be handcuffed, transported to the demon realm, accused of dirty deeds she has no memory of committing and held captive for three days.  Even though she believes her captor to be crazy, she feels a connection to him she’s felt with no one else.

When Rydin senses the Sempire who locked him up, fed on him and used him as a sex slave many years ago, he knows his wait for revenge is finally over. Burning with the need to punish her, he imprisons her in the demon realm, where she is at his mercy, but as much as he tries to ignore it, a connection sparks between them every time they touch.


Valia couldn’t remember ever wanting another being so desperately. Her body hummed as his tongue worked her into a frenzy. Bossy son of a bitch, he was, but she expected no less from a Ferox.

She shuddered and moaned as he rolled his tongue around her clit, the pressure building in her lower abdomen. With her free hand, she wrapped her thumb around one of his horns as her fingers dug into his scalp, urging him to send her over the edge.

He growled and bit the inside of her thigh.

 “Stop,” Rydin commanded.

“Stop what?” Valia asked.

“Don’t touch my horns.”

“But they’re so sexy.” She gave him her best pouty face.

He blinked at her, a look of surprise crossing his face, quickly replaced with a scowl. “Are you teasing me, female?”

“I told ya, my name is Valia, male. And no, not teasing. Your horns are super sexy and I wanna touch them.”

He looked at her for another long moment as if searching for something. He dipped his head and bit the inside of her other thigh. God, he was going to drive her crazy. He looked back at her and said, “They are sensitive and I am already too stimulated. I want to fuck you. I’m going to fuck you. If you do as I say, I may give you permission to touch them later.”

Oh wow. She hadn’t known his horns were an erogenous zone. Now she really wanted to touch them. His tongue lapped at her clit furiously. She avoided his horns but couldn’t stop herself from grabbing a fistful of his hair. Her hips ground against his tongue, his lips. Intense pleasure knotted deep inside. Little sparks began erupting inside her but just as she was about to fall over the edge, he stopped.
She groaned and still with a fistful of his hair, tried to force him to continue.

His eyes dark and his lips glistening with her pleasure, he said, “You were about to come. I did not give you permission.”

She choked out her words. “If you don’t want me to come, you shouldn’t lick me like that.”

His lips quirked into a cocky smile. “My tongue pleases you?”

“It’d please me if you’d put it to better use than asking me stupid questions,” she grouched.

~~~~~
Like what you’ve read so far? Find out what happens next. Buy Valia’s Villain today from Ellora’s Cave, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other fine eBook retailers
~~~~~
 
Giveaway

Enter below to win an ebook copy of Araya’s Addiction, a swag pack, and a $15 Bitch Face Cosmetics gift card!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me here today! It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love having you here, Jocelyn! Come back any time ♥

      Delete