"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Monday, December 23, 2013

Getting Personal With Author J. Rose Allister



This week we’re Getting Personal with Author J. Rose Allister. She stopped by to talk about the writing life and her new release “Nature’s Bounty”

About J. Rose Allister 
J. Rose Allister is the author of fiction with a passion--smoldering, curl-your-toes romance. An avid story lover and frequent oddball, she works as a hospital secretary by day, romance writer by night.
AUTHOR PIC

Connect with J. Rose

And now, let’s get personal with author J. Rose Allister!

What’s the most challenging part of writing erotic romance?
Kids. Ever try to write (or read) a sizzling scene with Disney Channel as your soundtrack?

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?
The best advice I ever received about writing was, “Shut up, sit down, and do it.” Okay, I’m paraphrasing a bit, but the general idea is there. I was a fledgling short story writer whining ad nauseum my first attempt to do a full-length novel (gasp!) to author Susan McBride, who I was doing web work for at the time. She laid it out for me. Later that year, I read Stephen King’s On Writing and he pretty much said the same thing. So I did.

What are you working on now?
I’m just finishing up The Lone Wolves of Shay Falls, a series of werewolf/cowboy MMF tales. Book 7, Disarming Cowboys, was my NaNoWriMo project this year.

What is your most current release and what is it about?
Nature’s Bounty is my newest release, one I wrote especially for Ellora’s Cave in response to their call for hot bounty hunter stories. Nate agrees to take on one more bounty before retiring for good, and when he goes undercover as a male stripper to catch his quarry, he finds himself in all kinds of trouble, both romantic and personal.

How did you come up with the title?
I like titles that play on words or have dual meanings. Nature is the hero Nate’s full name, something he gets teased about in the book. I thought it would be fun to have a hard-bodied, no-nonsense bounty hunter with a name that sounds like his parents picked it out at Woodstock.

What would readers be surprised to know about you?
I collect stags. It started by accident when I tried to find one to replace a broken Christmas ornament one year. I couldn’t find a single one. I searched harder and kept trying the following year. The third year, I finally found one, and then another, and then another. This year, there are so many in stores that it’s become a joke around our house.

What’s your ‘guilty pleasure’?
Like six different things popped into my head when I read this, so apparently I’ve either got too many pleasures or too much guilt, I’m not sure which. If I have to pick one, I’d say chocolate. I went “caveman” early this year (meaning I switched to a Paleo diet). Chocolate is allowed, but not the refined sugar in it, so there went my candy fetish. Now, I allow myself one small piece every few weeks or so. It’s vital for my creative flow.

What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
Not writing? Heavens, whatever can you mean? Seriously, I do enjoy stories of all kinds, whether I’m telling them or not. So if I’m not making one up, I’m often watching one via TV or movies or reading them my Nook.


Thanks for stopping by J. Rose! Your hero Nate sounds like one bounty hunter I wouldn’t run from!

About Nature’s Bounty
When Nature Antillean, aka Nate the Crate, poses as a male stripper to arrest a sexy-as-hell fugitive, he has no intention of taking his disguise all the way—until he meets her. Lydia Franklin is more than eager to take her gorgeous strip-o-gram for a wild ride, considering how desperately life on the run sucks. The resulting encounter is explosive, but ends with Lydia handcuffed and Nate honor-bound to take her to jail. The fireworks aren’t over yet, however, for Nate discovers he’s now a victim of the same setup that got Lydia accused of a crime she didn’t commit.

With both of them declared fugitives, Nate must work with the woman he swore to bring to justice in order to defeat the plot and reclaim their lives. His hot body and stellar moves give Lydia plenty of motivation for teaming up in more ways than one, but she knows that the criminal he hopes to protect her from is one she must face—alone.

A Romantica® contemporary erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave
http://www.ellorascave.com/nature-s-bounty.html
COVER
Available Now from Ellora’s Cave, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other fine eBook retailers.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me here today, Gabrielle! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete