"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Monday, December 9, 2013

Getting Personal With Author Nancy Corrigan



This week we’re Getting Personal with Author Nancy Corrigan. Nancy stopped by to talk about the writing life and share an excerpt from her new paranormal shifter romance, Unexpected Find – book 1 in the Royal Pride series from Ellora’s Cave.

Nancy is also giving away a great prize package including a copy of Unexpected Find and a $25 Amazon Gift Card. Enter below!

About Nancy 
I've always been an avid reader and encourage everyone to escape the hectic daily grind with a few minutes a day in your favorite book.

I'm lucky enough to share my cat's home with my three wonderful children, husband, dog and snake. When not writing, I work as a chemist in a pharmaceutical lab.

My passions beyond reading and family include music, classic cars, tattoos and animals (all of which have found their way into my writing in one form or another).
So that's a little bit about me...
~Nancy


Connect with Nancy Corrigan

And now, let’s get personal with author Nancy Corrigan!

What’s the best part of being a writer?
I love being a writer. It gives me a reason to daydream. I’ve always had an active imagination and writing allows me to give life to all the voices in my head. Now, if only they would stop arguing about which one gets their story told next.  Too many alpha men, too little time.

What’s the most challenging part of being a writer?
Balancing the actual time spent writing with the time required to promote and keep an active online presence. I’ve learned to appreciate my smartphone. I also set time limits, especially necessary for Pinterest. That site completely sucks me into an alternate world of intriguing, sexy and cool pics.

What’s the most challenging part of writing erotic romance?
I think the biggest challenge in writing an erotic romance is weaving all the wonderful sex into the story and still having strong, likeable characters. An erotic romance is a love story. The hero/heroine’s sexual journey is a discovery of their love but it needs to fit into the plot. Otherwise, it’s just a collection of sex scenes.

What is your writing process?
I usually write a short synopsis which evolves as the story progresses. Because I work full-time (swing shifts) and have 3 kids, I’m constantly on the go. I write whenever I can and my smartphone and tablet are necessities. Luckily, my crazy work schedule gives me a week off every month which has become my main writing time. I also love to multi-task so when I can’t get to an electronic device, I daydream (I mean plot…)

Where do you write?
Anywhere and everywhere but my kitchen table is my main writing spot. I do, however, have an office chair that doubles as my cat’s bed when I’m not writing.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?
Don’t apologize for who you are as long as you love yourself.

What are you working on now?
Right now, I’m splitting my time between book 3 of the Royal Pride series and book 1 of a new erotic series going to Ellora’s.

What is your most current release and what is it about?
My newest release is actually my debut. It’s called Unexpected Find, book 1 of the Royal Pride series. It is an erotic paranormal featuring feline shifters. Think along the lines of Gena Showalter’s Lord of the Underworld series and Laurann Dohner’s New Species. My Royals house multiple animal souls (a tiger, lion and jaguar). Having separate animal entities sharing their bodies increases all their instincts, possessiveness and lusts. And when they stumble over their ones, they’ll focus all their attention and drives on claiming their chosen mates.

How did you come up with the title?
For the Royal Pride series, I’ve based the titles on the main driver of the hero’s story. For Rafe in Unexpected Find, an investigation into a suspected shifter child’s adoption leads him to find not only his mate, but two more shifter children. His unexpected finds—love and family.

What would readers be surprised to know about you?
My biggest fear…ladybugs. My kids actually find this extremely amusing and will make a big production of saving me from the dreaded cute bugs. Actually, my co-workers do the same and warn me when there is a lurker ladybug on the wall. LOL. I do my best to hide my fear unless one lands on me. Then…I scream like a little girl.

What’s your ‘guilty pleasure’?
Sleep. Yes, I know. It sounds ordinary but I rarely sleep more than 4 hours a day. Naps are precious.

What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
Spend time with my family. With three kids and my crazy schedule, I miss out on a lot so every opportunity I spend with them.
Describe your perfect evening. 
Dinner cooked by my kids (English muffin pizzas are their specialty), a board game (love scrabble), and some cuddle time reading books. I almost never watch TV so quality time with mom is interactive. I also love ‘chat sessions’ with my kids.

Where’s the one place in the world you’d like to visit?
Ireland. I hope to get there someday but I love everything Celtic. Actually, my newest series will be based on Welsh (and loosely Celtic) mythology.

Favorite swear word?
Fuck, but dammit is right up there too depending on my company at the time.

Favorite food?
Pizza. I could live on pizza (and coffee)

Favorite author?
Laurann Dohner

Do you have any pets?
I have a boxer, Penny. She follows me everywhere. When I write, she’s usually by my side or under my kitchen table. I also have a senior citizen cat that I’ve had since college. She’s close to seventeen years old now, is deaf and wanders the house meowing loudly in empty rooms but still acts like a kitten at times. I also have an eight year old ball python named Percy.
Thank you for stopping by Nancy! You and your hot heroes are welcome to come back any time…. Here, kitty, kitty, kitty…

And now, Darlings, curl up and get ready to purr with this excerpt from Unexpected Find. And don’t forget to enter below for your chance to win great prizes from author Nancy Corrigan.

About “Unexpected Find” by Nancy Corrigan
Since the murder of her best friend, Jazz is stuck in a safe but lonely way of life. She’s willing to sacrifice everything to keep her family safe from the shifter world. The sexy stranger who struts into her friend’s bar changes everything. From the first glance Jazz knows she’s sunk—their chemistry sizzles from across the room, it’ll be undeniable up close.

Rafe wants Jazz from the second he sets eyes on her. The depth of the need that swamps him every time he’s near her surprises him. It takes every last ounce of his self-control not to pounce on Jazz and make her his. Only her distrust of his shifter nature holds him back. He counts it as a win every time his beloved human gives in to their passion and takes him to her bed. But Rafe’s patience isn’t infinite and he’ll do whatever it takes, face any danger—past or present—to ensure that Jazz becomes his. Forever.


http://www.ellorascave.com/unexpected-find.html

Rafe kept his hands planted on the surface by her waist and bent over her. He pressed his lips lightly to her forehead. “I don’t care about your heritage.”
“What do you care about?”

He skimmed his lips over her temple to her ear and whispered, “Getting inside you again.”

He kissed his way across her jaw and covered her mouth with his before she could speak. Her thoughts drifted away. She opened to him. He swept inside in a confident, lazy way that left her breathless, aroused and eager for more of his attention. She slid her foot up along the length of his calf. With his hand under her other leg, he urged her to wrap around him. She did and linked her ankles behind him. He tilted his head and continued to lead her in the dance she’d never shared with another man. Rafe worshipped her, made an art of joining their mouths. It was the only way she could describe the deep swipes and rolling thrusts.

She turned her head, breaking the kiss, and panted, “Rafe, I need…”

Rafe bent his head and sucked her nipple through the loose tank top she wore. The words got stuck in her throat. He licked the erect peak and the wet cloth rubbed the sensitive tip. She squirmed, tried to get away from his teasing licks, but he moved his hands to the middle of her back, holding her still. He latched back onto her cotton-covered breast and drew it into his mouth. The deep pulls on the flesh created an equal tug in her womb. The sense of emptiness returned, more pronounced than earlier. She ground against his trapped cock. She wanted him inside her, thrusting and taking her to the edge of paradise—but a different hunger built, one she knew Rafe wouldn’t mind squelching.

She grabbed handfuls of his hair and pulled until he released her breast. Completely golden eyes met her gaze. She liked knowing she brought out his animal side. It made what they were doing seem dangerous, but in a good way, one that had her cream flowing and clit thumping.

“Take me upstairs, Rafe.” She licked her lips and purred, “I want my desert.”

Those feline eyes widened and a grin spread. Fangs slid into place. She pressed a finger between his slightly parted lips and traced each one. Rafe shuddered. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her hand back.

“Not here, baby. That feels like you’re stroking my cock. Save it for when I’m balls-deep inside you,” he uttered in a voice slurred by the distended teeth.

He swung her into his arms and jogged up the rear kitchen steps. He took her down the short hall to her bedroom. The door clicked behind them. He dropped her onto the bed and she scrambled up in time to watch Rafe pull his shirt over his head. Ridges of muscles bunched with the move. Other than the few minutes when she studied his sleeping body in the hotel room, she hadn’t seen him naked long enough to appreciate him.

The heavily muscled chest that felt good under her cheek was flawless, a natural curving of flesh body-builders strived for but never achieved. Only a fine dusting of blond hair covered his chest and arrowed down to his groin. She let her eyes travel over the expanse of muscle, down his abs and stopped at where Rafe’s fingers were stilled over the waistband of his jeans. He popped the button and slowly dragged the zipper down, but instead of letting his erection free, he covered it with his hand.

She flicked her gaze up to his and found him watching her.

“You want this?”

The sex or his cock? She wasn’t sure what he was asking for but she nodded anyway. Once she put her mouth on him, she’d get exactly what she wanted. She didn’t doubt that for a minute.

A pleased look passed over his face. “Clothes, Jasmine. I want you naked.”

“I don’t need to be naked to do this, Rafe.” She curled her fingers. “Come here and let me show you.”

He molded the length and the swollen head peeked past his fingers. She dropped her gaze and stared open-mouthed at it. The tip glistened and her mouth watered.

“You’re not the only one hungry. I crave another taste of you, my female.” She shook her head and he ordered, “Take them off. Now.”
~~~~~
Like what you’ve read so far? Find out what happens next. Buy Unexpected Find today from Ellora’s Cave, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other fine eBook retailers
~~~~~
Enter now for your chance to win a copy of Unexpected Find and a $25 Amazon Gift Card!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Gabrielle,
    Good morning. :-) Thanks for getting personal with me!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love having you here, Nancy! Come back any time and bring your hot heroes with you ♥

      Delete