"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day, Darlings ♥ Cocktails and Radio Chat

Hugs Darlings!

Today I've got a little something for your ears and your taste buds. Click the microphone below (or click here) to hear my Valentine's Day radio interview, and scroll down for my vegan version of the Bloody Mary.
https://soundcloud.com/gabrielleholly/valentines-day-radio-interview
I started this Valentine's Day behind the microphone on a local morning show, being interviewed by my old radio cohort, Bob Schmidt on Today's Talk 1490. We chatted about the lovers' holiday, romance in general, and other random silliness. 

Bob and I used to work for the same radio group - I hosted the morning show on the classic rock station, and Bob was at the talk station down the hall. I had a blast doing that job - despite having to wake up at 3:30 a.m.!

This morning, as I slipped on my headphones and adjusted my mic, I realized how much I miss that gig. 

I suggest whipping up a little libation to sip while you listen...
I love cocktails that double as snacks and the Bloody Mary is my favorite in that category. Some folks miss out on these crimson beauties because Worcestershire sauce – a traditional ingredient - contains anchovies, which vegans and those with seafood allergies want to avoid. And, one can never be quite sure of what a creative bartender might throw into the mix.


I’ve created a version that leaves out the Worcestershire sauce, but still has plenty of flavor.

My Bloody Valentine Cocktail (Vegan)


Ingredients
  • 6 ounces vegetable juice cocktail (I used V8)
  • Freshly-ground black pepper to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
  • ½ teaspoon celery salt
  • 2 Tablespoons dill pickle juice
  • 2 ounces vodka (I used Stoli)
  • Ice cubes
  • Celery sticks and dill pickle spear for garnish
Method
  • Pour the juice into a pitcher (I love my 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup for mixology).
  •  Add pepper, celery salt, pickle juice and vodka.
  •  Stir well.
  • Serve over ice and garnish with celery sticks and a pickle spear. I like to grind a little extra black pepper on top, just for prettiness.
Enjoy, Darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment