"Gabrielle Holly spins her stories in a way that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster you'll never forget!"
~Paranormal Romance Junkies

Monday, March 31, 2014

Getting Personal With Author Taige Crenshaw



This week we’re Getting Personal with Author Taige Crenshaw. Taige stopped by to talk about the writing life and share an excerpt from her paranormal romance Immortal Bloodlines, book 4 in the Phoenix Intelligence Agency series.

About Taige Crenshaw 
Taige Crenshaw is a multi-published author with books available at Ellora's Cave Publishing, Liquid Silver Books, Loose Id, and Totally Bound. Taige has been enthralled with the written word from time she picked up her first book. It wasn’t long before she started to make up her own tales of romance. With novels set in today, in alternate dimensions, or in the future she writes with adventure, fun sassy heroine’s, and sexy hero’s. Always hard at work creating new and exciting places Taige can be found curled up with a hot novel with exciting characters when she is not creating her own. Join her in the fun, frolic, interesting people and far reaches of the world in her novels.
 
Connect with Taige
Web


And now, let’s get personal with author Taige Crenshaw

What is your writing process?
I have a play list of songs that I write too. There are different ones according to the scenes I am writing. 

I like to spin things. In all my books I love to build worlds. Build families and communities that make a reader want to become part of and make them want to live there. In my paranormals I take things that maybe familiar to a reader and give it my take. In my contemporaries I bring you in and make you feel like you are there. That is you falling in love.

When I get a contract I usually do my happy dance which is lots of butt shaking and whooping. So not pretty.

On release day I celebrate with a slice of cheesecake and a wine cooler.

What are you working on now?
Working on the next book for the Blackstone Haven series and Phoenix Intelligence Agency series. There are a few surprises I have in store for the series. It is going to be a sizzling and busy year. LOL.

What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I have lots of other thing I do creatively and they recharge my writing. I love to draw. I’m an avid seamstress. I can whip up an outfit quick if I have to go someplace special and have nothing to wear. I love to cook. I’m a voracious reader. My library in my house and on my computer is massive. That’s one of the first things you notice when you come to my house.  

Favorite book?
I read all genres and it is matter of what I am in the mood for at the time. Sometimes I want historical romances then another horror, then others mystery or just romance. Comedy. I just want an excellent read that will take me on an adventure.

What advice do you have for someone who wants a career in writing?
Write then let it go and write some more. What I mean by that is don’t just write one book and nitpick over it. Polish it till it shines then let the book go off to beta readers, crit partner or someone else who is a fresh set of eyes. Once you have that feedback and take what works for your book and throw out what doesn’t (not everything you get from feedback will work with your vision of the book) you get to the next step. Then you send it to publishers. While you were waiting for feedback from the second pair of eyes you should have already started working on your next. Don’t wait around for one book to be subbed then wait for reply before you start the next. The more you write the more you get into the mindset of creating. Each book you write makes you a stronger writer.  You are honing your craft and making it better. Also of course make sure you know your craft so you can polish that book to a shine. 

Thanks for stopping by, Taige!

And now, Darlings, grab a slice of cheesecake and a wine cooler and enjoy a sample of Immortal Bloodlines

About Immortal Bloodlines

A stubborn woman is hard to capture, but once you have, what do you do with her?

 Storm Davis does not like being told what to do. Her new partner in the Phoenix Intelligence Agency seems to think he has the right. She can’t seem to shake him like she has her previous partners. He infuriates her with his calm, unaffected boredom. When his control shatters, it is with unexpected results, and Storm isn’t one to shy away from anything.

 Killian Erutan is working through being brought back from the dead and now he’s a firebird. He is still an Amazonian Warrior but being a firebird, he has more to handle. Add to that the aggravating partner he’s saddled with and Killian has his hands full. Storm is flaky, a pain in the ass and used to having her own way. He will not stand for it. The warrior in him cannot trust such a person at his back. Yet she gets under his skin and one sizzling kiss later, he finds he aches for her with no idea why.

 When they stumble upon the dangerous man they are seeking who can bring the collapse of the world, Storm surprises him with her actions. The danger of what they are facing and their rising passion make them come together.

 Sometimes in life, you find the one who makes your immortal bloodline…come alive.

https://www.totallybound.com/index.php?route=product/author/info&author_id=27#books
Available Now from Totally Bound

“I’m through running from you. Now the ball’s in your court to decide what to do about that.” Storm stared at his lips. She turned and sauntered back to the doorway, passing the agents from Killian’s unit who had come into his office. They parted and let her by. Storm could feel Killian watching her and she looked over her shoulder. “Decide fast, because I’m a little impatient and don’t like to be kept waiting.”

She headed outside. Bypassing the agents who smiled at her, Storm whistled as she walked back to her unit. The agents of her unit applauded when she entered.

“When we think you can’t top yourself, you do,” someone called out. “We love your zany self, Storm.”

She bowed and winked at them. It was all in good-natured fun. The agents of the assassination unit liked to tease. Storm went into her office and waited as Allure and Harmony came in.

“What was that about?” Allure demanded.

“I finally realized why Killian bugs me so much.” Storm sat in her chair and put her feet on her desk.

“Why?” Harmony asked.

“Don’t be naïve, Harmony.” Allure smirked. “Aunty Storm finally found her libido. And it has the hots for Killian.”

“What?” Harmony frowned then stared at Storm. She opened her mouth then closed it before blurting out, “You don’t date.”

“I’ll be starting soon. That is, if Killian gets his butt in gear.” Storm smiled. “I drive him crazy already. Imagine when it is up close and personal. Preferably naked.”
Copyright © Taige Crenshaw, 2014.
All Rights Reserved.


~~~~~
Like what you’ve read so far? Find out what happens next. Buy Immortal Bloodlines today from Totally Bound, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other fine eBook retailers
~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment